To get a basic tabletop Word Bearer scheme, here's what I've been doing:
1) Spray the model in Skull White.
2) Base armour in Khorne Red.
3) Base metallics in Iron Breaker.
4) Base other plates in Chaos Black.
5) Pick out eyes in Moot Green
6) Pick out rivets on metallics and small details in Gehennas Gold.
7) Tidy up all edges form the above sections.
8) Thin wash of 50/50 Drakenhoff Nightshade and Lahmian Medium mix. Be careful not to let it pool on the armour.
9) Pick out fingers and face details with Khorne Red
10) Very very light drybrush of Iron Breaker over the whole model. The brush should look as if its empty of paint when testing it on a piece of paper before.
11) More direct drybrush on metals if required
12) Pick out detailed metallics with Iron Breaker,Gehennas gold and Moot Green as required
13) Paint whole base in Baneblade Brown
14) Paint layer of Agrellan Earth on to of base