"When I was a child I played with childish things. Now that I am a man I still play with childish things, just bigger more expensive ones..."

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Preparing for the big one

This Sunday will see the long awaited 'Big Battle II', once again the forces of Chaos will do battle with the   best the imperium has to offer.  In more practical terms its 4 players and 10,000pts a side.

The last time we met to do this the Chaos force pulled through for victory but this time everyones had a bit more time to reflect on the forces, tactics and the whole experience in general, and that should make it a very different kind of game.

For my team, the Chaos force, one of the most pleasing developments is that with our final player switching from Black Legion to a full blown Slannesh army, we now have 4 players representing 4 gods. For my own part my Nurgle force has been bolstered by a Plague hulk as well as some vicious looking Iron Warrior allies.

The race is on at the moment as players struggle to get those last few units built and army lists tweaked, but come this Sunday the time for preparation will be over......