"When I was a child I played with childish things. Now that I am a man I still play with childish things, just bigger more expensive ones..."

Tuesday 22 February 2011

The Debutant Campaign

I've got two games in two night this week, in both cases they are armies i've never played as before.

Tonight I will be rolling out a 2000pts of Grey Knights based on the leaked codex documents thats been doing the rounds.  There are a few units i've had to skip over because we don't know what the wargear does and a few other pieces we'll have to agree on our own rules* for before we start but overall it should give us a good idea of how the new list works out.

*Actually i'm really looking forward to this bit as I feel like its taking us back to the spirit of what the game should be about.

Tomorrow night my high elves will march into war for the first time in my first Fantasy Battle game for many months. Again this will be more of an educational game for me as I learn both my army and try to absorb the 8th edition rules.

In the mean time heres a model that won't be making it tonight. Alas the leaked army list contains no way to use a thunder hammer armed Grey knight... at least not yet.