"When I was a child I played with childish things. Now that I am a man I still play with childish things, just bigger more expensive ones..."

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Half-Time

One game down, one to go and its started well.   Last night we saw Daemons go head to head with Grey Knights from the leaked codex. The final result was a win for the Grey Knights in the 6th turn,  but in such an experimental game the overall result must be taken with a pinch of salt.

I'd deliberately tried to avoid too many of the items we didn't have wargear profiles for and in most cases we were ok.  Those times we were in doubt we subbed in the profiles form the existing codex. That said the prevalence of psybolt ammunition mixed with vehicles like the stormraven made for devastating combos.

Overall though we were both in pressed by the freshness of the book. There are lots of new features and rules rather than collecting too many old rules and simple rearranging them on units and renaming them.  The Grand Strategy special rules proved a very effective touch, as did the unusual method used by the Brotherhood Champion I fielded.  As it happened one of my Inquisitor's makes for an ideal brotherhood champion too..... its almost as if they knew!  (below)

They'll be more reflection on this game later in the week, in the mean time tonight its High Elves v Ogres.  Go pointy ears!