"When I was a child I played with childish things. Now that I am a man I still play with childish things, just bigger more expensive ones..."

Monday 7 February 2011

The Workshop

On Friday I returned home from work only to be presented with a brand new Storm Raven kit by my wonderful Girlfriend. Immediately the painting tray was cleared and work on the newest addition to my Grey Knight force began.

For this project i'm planning to do a proper number on the model. For the first time i'm going to try to use small modelling magnets to allow all the weapon options to be interchangeable.  More details on that when they arrive!

First off though the task was to paint the internal walls of the hull and then build the rest of the main body. Already i've made one error: if your going to do this too, then paint only the interior walls on the hull parts.  I did a proper finish on the interior but the exterior of these hull pieces also got a basecoat and quick brush over of boltgun metal.  Unfortunately this then reacted with the glue giving a grey sludge that is going to take a fair bit of tidying up!

Other things to watch out for are:
- Putting the tail plane on the wrong way round
- Correctly balancing the plane so that its not perched on the rear landing gear.
- Plan for your flying base to sweep away from the front

After all that though , here we are: