"When I was a child I played with childish things. Now that I am a man I still play with childish things, just bigger more expensive ones..."

Thursday 3 March 2011

Progress Report

After a small flurry of games effort now switches to the painting table as I push to try to get a fe projects finished.

Top amongst them is my Orcland Raider bloodbowl team who i'm delighted to say are going very well. Each model may be taking several hours to complete but the results are excellent with the first real examples of me successfully carrying out layering and blending.

The team is made up mostly of players from the old 1988 version of the game with a handful of more modern players and finally a river troll just to add some menace.  The final of these is the current model in progress and needless to say is taking a bit longer. The new Orc book out at the end of the week should keep me enthused about all things green and help see the team through to completion.

Towering over them is the reminder of whats coming in May still.  A half finished Storm Raven is perched up on its flying stand still with the objective of being finished ready for the launch of the new codex in May.  My metals technique is one of my more practised finishes but as the largest model in my collection there are still plenty of challenges ahed to get the Raven looking how I want.

Finally lurking in the background is the project I was working on at the start of the month that got dominated by these interlopers. My Iron Warriors received a big boost over the winter and part of this was my Iron Warrior Claw terminators.  Combining a Loyalist termiantor assault squad with some MaxMini parts have given me a nice industrial themed unit.  All built and primed these guys just need to be painted up too so that they can stand alongside Tyberos and bring fear to anyone foolish enough to take to the field without and invulnerable saving thrown.