"When I was a child I played with childish things. Now that I am a man I still play with childish things, just bigger more expensive ones..."

Friday 5 August 2011

Hobby Progress

So whats new hobbying wise here? Well, whilst games have been coming thick and fast, there has been a lot of work going on in the background on the various hobbying projects we've got going on.

Grey Knights
Presently i'm working on painting up my trusty Paladin squad complete with their leader Kaldor Draigo. I've continued to experiment with methods for painting these models and have hit upon an approach that i'm happy with.  More details on the exact approach to follow but below is the one completed model from this set with the next one in line, the banner bearer.
Also on the Grey Knight theme i've cast both my old Grey Knight Grand Master (the converted Chaplain) and my BrotherHood Champion (the converted Emperors Champion) into the paint stripper. Both of these models are to be remade using some of the newly available Grey Knight bits I have as well as get the updated paint scheme. In the case of the old Grand Maser model, he's due to become Grand Master Mordrak and as a result i've also got some Ghost Knights in progress too.


Assorted Summoned Chaos
Following on from the Storm of Magic release, i've been delving into the Warriors of Chaos book for inspiration. This has yielded many ideas and as such has resulted in a good number of my Chaos Warrior heros getting some attention. Amongst them my Chosen Champion of Tzenntch is now complete (albeit played as my dark emissary). I have also made good progress with my Khrorne Lord on Juggernaught. Three further models have also taken form, notably a scorcerr from each of the powers.

Gladiators & Pit Fighters
Recently inspired, I salvaged the components of my old Mordenhiem Pit Fighter warband for the depths of my models and bits box. Amazingly all the parts were found and now they too sit in the paint stripper waiting for assembly and construction.

Grot Tanks
While i'm busy delving into 3 different game systems, Charlotte stays the course with the Ork Mek army.  Twom more of the Grot tanks are being busily painted (following yet another triumph for the pesky things last weekend).

Titan
Last and most definitely not least, this week I took delivery of my Mars pattern Warhound Titan. Needless to say this is a long term project and due to the planning and equipment demands still needed its a little way of being started let alone completed. For those who've not had the experience of seeing one in kit form all I can say is its quite amazing how many bits it consists of!