"When I was a child I played with childish things. Now that I am a man I still play with childish things, just bigger more expensive ones..."

Sunday 28 June 2015

New Games

It's been a while but its about time I gave an update. The armies are under control... ish, Right now though Too Many Games might be a better title!

Horus Heresy
We've been getting a lot of good games in at the games club. My Iron warrior have had mixed success. The high point was a barrage of lascannons obliterating a knight in turn 1. The lower points have been several brutal defeats. Looking forward to seeing what's coming at the forgeworld open day, but as normal theres that little devil on my shoulder tempting me to try a different force. Maybe just one more test model.......

Hall of Champions
My own game has been re-written a lot over the last few months but this week it finally got to play testable state. Fundementally it worked but I've now pulled it back into the lab for some reworking before we roll it out again.

Wrath of Sigmar
GW did what I always hoped for but never expected. A full on fantasy reboot. I felt the rules needed rewriting but the lore was fine. I was initially concerned when I heard the new plot line, but on seeing the new minis I've seen how they seem to be making good use of it. Almost certainly going to be collecting a God-king \ Signamrite army. That said I'm not sure where it leaves the rest of my minis???

Dystopian Wars
Recent attendance at Salute saw me tempted in by a Dystopian Wars fleet. Still reading books and painting ships, but a Prussian battle fleet is now assembling. Still yet to try the game in anger but something different at any rate to keep us busy.