"When I was a child I played with childish things. Now that I am a man I still play with childish things, just bigger more expensive ones..."

Friday 28 January 2011

Real Character

Any of my regular opponents will tell you that its very rare for me to include a named character in a normal game. This is in part because I like to save them for fitting encounters, but more because I prefer my leaders to be something a bit more unique.

Last weekend I my Tyberos model turned up and I immediately set about converting and painting him over to an Iron Warrior warlord. This all went very well (and as soon as I get a decent picture i'll get it posted up), but next comes the tricky bit: how to try to make him more of a 'character' within the rules

In this case I started with a Chaos Warlord profile and added the terminator armour.  To this I added a Mark of Slannesh to represent his heightened combat ability and the fact that i felt he'd be more 'agile'.  I could have given him claws,  but this didn't quite capture the unique chainfist/lightening claw combo he actually has. Instead I opted for a DaemonWeapon.  The combination of extra attacks,  extra risk of self damage and the instant kill ability seemed to now make my character a much more dangerous proposition and much more fitting the look of the model.

The next challenge? Cypher