"When I was a child I played with childish things. Now that I am a man I still play with childish things, just bigger more expensive ones..."

Thursday 24 February 2011

Final Score

2 Games played and its 1-1 for my armies as my High Elves lost out in a battle with the a vicious Ogre warband.

It was great to get a chance to play some Fantasy Battle as my dealings with it in the past couple of months has been restricted to conversations about the current state of the system and what the future holds. Personally I think Fantasy Battle is in a strong place as long as people don't expect it to be the same as 40K.

Pulling it back to the game itself, I was somewhat disadvantaged by knowing neither my own army nor that of my opponent. Hard lessons were learned such as not allowing the Ogres to buff their already considerable toughness and its clear I underestimated the speed of the brutes. However there were signs of hope and my bolt thrower in particular managed to tear holes in many an ogre.

Next time I'll be ready for them