"When I was a child I played with childish things. Now that I am a man I still play with childish things, just bigger more expensive ones..."

Thursday 22 September 2011

Hobby Progress

The last few months have seen a destinct shift, games have been as few and far between as blog posts. In its place has been a good amount of painting and a significant aquisition of new stuff.

Titan:
The Warhound is now here and still awaiting the oppertunity to make a proper start. Most of the tools as well as the plan for the construction is now in place, its just a case of putting saw to resin and actually making a start.

Grey Knights:
Painting progresses with my old Chaplin based Grey Knight Grand Master now being stripped and rebuilt into Grand Master Mordrak. A healthy restock of bits also allowed me to finish the retinue of 3 Ghost Terminators based around historic early edition Grey Knight bodies. A fresh attempt at the Brotherhood Champion is also complete, in this case a kit bash pulling in both Grey Knight and Sanginary Gaurd parts. Pics of both very soon.

Orcland Raiders:
In anticipation of a small tournament coming up i've finished my teams starting line up, with a few suprises even my regular opponents don't know about yet. A few more models need painting to allow for midseason expansion, though the cheerleaders are now complete too which is a bonus.

Orc Horde:The new Ogre book brings in some new needs for my greenskin horde. 2 more Bolt Throwers sit ready for assembly, as do another 30 goblins!

Pre-Herasy Dark Angels:Despite the continual and strenuous insistance of Charlotte that I don't start a new army till the others are done, the prescence of Games Day this coming weekend game me the chance to get the MKIII boarding commander I wanted for the general. Add to this a full MKIII squad that i'm also picking up at the time and finding my choice of model for my Primarch in a local games store (Darksphere), and you can see which way this is heading. Its a long (long!) way from being a complete army, but as a hobbying project its well under way.

I'm hoping to get the chance to do a bit of a catchup photo-shoot this coming weekend as well as there is about 3 months of completed projects to exhibit.